Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pathetic Attempts

I wrote this in my journal a couple months ago:

"Discipline before anointing, obedience before inspiration." - Mike Bickle

Lord you spoke to me today about the practive of prayer that I have controlled close handed and fearful in my life.  That I do not have a practice rather a pathetic attempt.

I believe Bickle's quote above has so much truth leaking out of it.  Since writing that, I have endeavored to make prayer a practice.  A natural "reset" button if you will.  Where it is not something I endure but something I look forward to.  It has been an up and down journey, but as I was lying awake last night, I was challenged once again that it all comes down to a heart issue.  What do I long for?  Better, who do I long for?  If I am longing to connect with Christ, prayer is not an issue.

I hope you find that longing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment