Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

Had the Watoto Children's Choir sing this past Sunday.  I have heard them over the years, but the group touring Canada this year is tight (and by "tight" I mean, they can rip a tune, which I realize is not much clearer but work with me).  They have 22 kids and 4 adults singing tunes.  The adults harmonize like crazy.  Plus they are a lot of fun to deal with as well.

After the morning, I asked if we could throw a little freezie love their way.  Ahh, yea.  They are from Ughanda and did not have a hot clue what I was talking about.  Comedy.  After the incredible description of "it's like frozen juice but not really juice" they took me up on the offer.   As I was handing out the freezies, out of nowhere all 22 kidlets in unison say, "Thank you for the freezies pastor."  Startled, I replied, "my pleasure, thank you."  And without missing a beat they replied again in unison, "yes, pastor."  Seriously, it was stunning.  Most likely due to the fact that, the only time I have ever heard my 3 kids speak in unison, was when I said "Yes, I know 'everyone' has ipod touches but you will not be receiving an ipod touch from your parents today because we are mean..." and the triple threat whine fest began.

I sermonized this past weekend as well, and because everyone wants to know (just a second..getting my tongue out of my cheek here, okay) here are some of the gold medal moments (that was really funny).

Ephesians 4

Big Idea:  We are called to be a single cohesive Unit of Christ followers armed with purpose, confidence, single mindedness and love.  Ready to take on anything and anyone at anytime.

Kicked it off focusing on the phrase in vs 1 "...live a life worthy of the calling you have received."  Love that line.  Challenged everyone to consider what that really means.  How that statement makes no ordinary day, just an ordinary day.  Each day is great, each day is wide in God's kingdom.

Used this clip from "Remember the Titans."  Had a sweet tie in. Give it some time, this copy is hard to see at first.



This means we aim for a goal, which we always keep in perspective, and we don't miss that goal.  Or, as my son Brady noted after Canada locked down their 14th gold, 'We powned the podium.'

If you are interested in checking out the whole deal, you will find it here.

1 comment:

  1. I know, it's freaky how they talk in unison. When they got to the church they all thanked me for helping them with the stage. They did it three times before I clued in they were talking to me! I then carried on a lengthy conversation with them as though they were one body, one person.

    ReplyDelete